of Fine Arts Foxborough
Hunakai Studio builds its curriculum upon the following principles:
- Creating art is fun and should be an enjoyable experience.
- Students will be supported and encouraged in any form of expression they choose to explore.
- Self-esteem and success are achieved through a skills-based lesson plan that progressively builds in the direction chosen by the student, but overseen by knowledgeable and experienced instructors.
- Skills-based lessons are the backbone of each class taught.
- Students will be taught basic principles and given opportunity to master skills before tackling more sophisticated problems.
- Each student will be nurtured at an individualized pace that allows for both challenge and success.
- The lesson plan, that includes a list of skills to be taught in each course, is flexible but gives the student an opportunity to understand the general goals of their course of study.