Protocol for Hunakai Studio
If you or your child is sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come to the studio.
Changes you will notice when You return:
- Classrooms have been reconfigured to allow for at least 6’ of physical distancing. Additional space or class times will be available to help us achieve this for your safety. Students will also be instructed to maintain physical distancing while in the studio.
- Students will be required to wear a mask.
- Students will be required to use hand sanitizer entering and leaving the building.
- There will no longer be quick drop offs for students.
- Parents/Transport person of young students must come in the studio for drop off to answer a wellness check. (See 6.)
- Only 1 transport person will be allowed in the studio to drop off or pick up student at a time. If you are waiting to enter please park and stand in-line 6” apart or wait in car until que is diminished.
- Parents/Transport person must not leave the parking lot until the student is allowed in. (See 7.)
- Persons providing transportation must drop off on-time and pick up on time.
- Students will be asked to wait to enter the building until the student in front goes to their classroom. So only 1 student & transport person can wait in the lobby at a time.
- Students will be greeted in the lobby (please wait if no one is there) and have forehead temp taken with our no contact device and fill out a wellness questionnaire, pens will be sanitized after each use.
- If students have a temp over 100.4 or answer yes to any questions on the questionnaire they will be asked to leave and can do a make-up at another time. Accompanying transport person must wait to make sure the student will be allowed to enter.
- If your temp is normal, please go directly to your classroom following the marked arrows as we do not want a crowd in the lobby. Parents or person providing transport will be able to escort young children to their classroom. Follow any directional arrows throughout the building to limit interactions.
- Parents/ transporters will not be able to wait in studio during the child’s class time.
- We have a detailed sanitization protocol of classroom space after every use. As well as common areas throughout the studio and bathrooms.
- Additional sanitization and separation of materials will also be utilized, especially in the children’s classrooms. Hand sanitizer will be available in classrooms.
- Instructors will use laser pointers to help maintain physical distancing. Also using hand sanitizer during class.
- All staff has been trained and will be required to do the same wellness checks, mask wearing, physical distancing, and hand washing/sanitizing, with additional precautions, to make sure they all students are as safe as possible.
These precautions will be lifted when the government deems it is safe to do so but we will continue to keep the studio a safe and clean environment indefinitely.
Thank You for helping the studio get back up and running and for assuring the safety of us all.
Carla Carey, Director, Hunakai Studio of Fine Arts